Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Beginning

I won't begin to get to deep as this is my first entry into blogging and I want to take some time out to start by introducing myself and the type of direction I see this blog taking as I begin my blogging journey. My name is Robbie Leggett as you may already know and a few things you should know about me are that I'm passionate, dedicated, eccentric and an advocate. The list goes on and over time you will learn more, but I just wanted to give you a taste. You don't pour the entire bottle of Jack Daniels down your throat all at once, you savor the flavor and then begin the journey to passing out. I think that will be a fitting metaphor for me as this blog is the beginning of my journey to running a half marathon. I will begin by running slowly and learn to trust my body and my knees, before I try to take on such a monstrous task as running 13.1 miles. By the time I reach the finish line I might actually pass out, either from sure joy or pure exhaustion.

My goal is to help raise money for my sister who was recently diagnosed with cancer and might have been lucky enough to have it removed in surgery, but as anyone knows with a procedure such as this it cost a lot of money. That is why I want to help her out so she doesn't have to carry the burden alone. After we have reached enough money to pay her medical bills off if we reach that magic number the rest will go to the American Cancer Society.

So now you know a little bit about me and why I'm doing this and over the course of the next few months leading up to the run on November 14th I plan to dive into the random thoughts running makes me come up with and hopefully find my own path to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment